Laurene Edmondson Elementary
A STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics) School
Our MISSION is to educate the children of the Edmondson community by creating a safe and nurturing community that empowers, challenges, and inspires everyone to be problem solvers who learn, achieve, and excel.
Our teachers and staff are passionate about providing a STEM-focused, hands-on curriculum that challenges and engages our students in the areas of science, technology, engineering, and math while supporting literacy skills across all subject areas.
Curriculum Laurene Edmondson Elementary School offers a full range of rigorous educational opportunities in science, technology, engineering, mathematics, literacy and social studies. We also provide Art, Music, Physical Education, and Spanish language instruction. Problem Based Learning offers connected experiences between the home and the school/community. Student skills are developed for social, political and economic participation in a diverse, interdependent and changing world.
Our STEM approach
• Science, engineering and technology each school day in addition to the other core content areas of literacy, mathematics and social studies
• Next Generation Science Standards
• Interdisciplinary instruction with real world application
• High academic and behavior standards
• Problem Based Learning
• Field and research experiences
• Partnerships with business, industry and higher education